February 20, 2015
Top Family Travel Tips from No Bullshit Mum Expert Milly Parker
Milly & Martha are great friends, great mums and full of entrepreneurial Cornish spirit!
Juggling two Tiny Humans, sleepless nights, business meetings and their love for the magical Cornish coast they are passionate about providing real Cornwall Holidays for families and friends alike wanting to enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer.
Looking for an idyllic escape away with your Tiny Human with dreams of cream teas, beach walks and paddling in the sea? Milly & Martha are the gals in the know!
Over to you Milly….
My name is Milly and I am Mum to my little man Bruce who is 2.5 years old.
I have been a ‘No Bullshit Mum’ for about 6 months now, introduced by old ski pal Andrea ‘Barney’ Barnett, & am loving the fresh, supportive & honest community that is developing here.
For a number of years I lived in the French Alps running a ski chalet company and spending a lot of time snowboarding until I decided that it was time to come back to Cornwall and start a family whilst living by the sea.
Wishing to carry on in the same line of work & combine our knowledge and love of Cornwall, along with my best friend Martha (also Mum to little Emily, aged 2), our new holiday lettings agency evolved called ‘Milly & Martha’. We now offer a large range of self-catering cottages in Cornwall.
We hope to welcome people to our wild & magical home & help people to discover the very best that Cornwall has to offer.
So, whether are you planning your first trip away with your Tiny Human or whether you are pro at this holidaying game here are our Top Family Travel Tips to help you make the most out of your time away.
Top 10 Tips on Holidaying with your Tiny Human
- Always have an emergency snack/colouring book/stickers in your bag to ward off an unexpected tantrum/boredom/10 minutes of waiting for something!
- Ask your holiday provider before you arrive to recommend Tiny Human activities in the area so that you are armed with options if you need to fill an hour with some child centred activity (e.g nearest park, swimming pool, soft play).
- Check what is already provided at your accommodation so you don’t take too much with you (most places can provide cots & highchairs)
- Pack a travel steriliser, baby monitor, ready-made formula, ready-made food & loads of snacks and give yourself a break
- Plan a cocktail night in & get dressed up (children can enjoy this too)
- Pack a big sarong – perfect to keep the sun out of children’s eyes, wrapping them up in if a little chilly, keeping you sheltered from the sun /a bit warmer if you need to breastfeed in a wind tunnel!
- Plan a morning where you get to lie in & someone else takes charge
- Take all weather gear with you everywhere so you don’t get caught out
- Have realistic expectations and enjoy the little things too
- Remember your child is on holiday too so try to relax & remember everything will be fine!
Are you a no Bullshit Mum with some expert advice you would like to share with fellow mums? If you would like to be involved in your very own Top Ten Tips feature then drop me a mail firstname.lastname@example.org. New to The Baby Bible and want to discuss how you are feeling about being a mum, warts and all, NO JUDGEMENT? Come join the No Bullshit Mum Revolution follow us on Twitter @thebabybible find us on Facebook and join us on the closed Facebook Group by sending your email address to Olivia@the-baby-bible.com All mums welcome!